Thursday, June 28, 2012

Song of the Day - Come Out and Play - The Offspring


The Offspring is one of the last surviving members of the 'grunge' scene of the early to mid-nineties. They've just released their 9th album, "Days Go By," even though before I heard that news I had no idea they were still together. Anyway, I was very into the grunge movement for a little while back in the day: Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, and I loved The Offspring's 1994 album, "Smash," which is where this song first appeared.

"Come Out and Play" is one of those songs that's hard to figure out the name of. I remember when I first heard it, I thought it was called "Keep Em Separated," but of course it is not. Anyway, it's a very hard driving, fast moving and oh so punky kinda catchy song. Enjoy!

 
The Offspring - Come Out And Play by lefurhien


Come Out and Play - Smash



No comments:

Post a Comment