Thursday, June 7, 2012

Song of the Day - Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush

Okay, admittedly many people will think of this as kind of a weird song, but I've always liked it for some strange reason.  Kate Bush was always a little out of my realm, but they used to play this a lot on MTV and it always fascinated me.  The song's got an ethereal, chill quality, and it's haunting, melodramatic and yes, just a little strange, but I sing along and flit about like Kate whenever I listen to it.

Pat Benatar remade this song early on in her career and it stayed true to the original sound, except for the vocals, of course.  Pat Benatar is well, Pat Benatar, and Kate has such a high pitch that just works better with the melodramatics in the song, so although they were both good, I just love this one a wee bit better.  Any Kate Bush fans out there?  Anyone Heathcliffs?


Wuthering Heights - The Kick Inside




No comments:

Post a Comment