Thursday, June 7, 2012

Writing Wednesday...um, Thursday???

Hello and happy Wednesday, um....Thursday, that is.  It seems I'm always a day late and a dollar short, but better late than never.  Here's John's World's Writing Wednesday...


Roller Coasters

Summer is here and after not riding any coasters at all last year, I'm hyped up about the prospects for the summer of 2012.  I already shared some of the best new rides for the upcoming season, and last Friday I found out that Cedar Point, one of the best theme parks around, is finally building a new roller coaster, their first one since 2007, which is forever.  Read all about it right here.

Hersheypark unveils Skyrush

One of the new roller coasters for the 2012 season debuted recently at one of my favorite parks.  This one's definitely on my list for the summer.  Click on the link above to take a ride.

The Coasters of Busch Gardens, Williamsburg

This is an older piece I revamped and updated to reflect the latest line-up of thrill rides at this awesomely beautiful park, including the all-new Verbolten.

Music


Another great love of mine and many others is music, and I finally got some pieces out there on Yahoo Voices this week:

What Are You Listening To? Spring 2012

The 8th edition of my quarterly series on the latest in pop music playing on my iPod.

Track by Track Review of The Wanted: Special Edition

This one was actually written weeks ago, a lot closer to the release date than Tuesday, when it was finally published.  I had a lot of trouble getting this one out there I think because of the name of the band...you can imagine, search engines and stuff.  Anyway, I downloaded this one on the day it came out and virtually every song is good.  Check it out.


MDNA, MDNA...

Well Madonna is finally on the road with her new M.D.N.A. Tour, hitting the stage for the first time last Thursday in Tel Aviv.  Though I'm going to see her in September at Yankee Stadium, I couldn't help but watch and share some of the concert snippets that have been out there.  Look forward to more in the future, but for now check out these two clips:

Express Yourself/Born This Way

I Don't Give A...

Etcetera

Cool stuff to do on Long Island this weekend

I used to do these types of articles a lot on Examiner, but I'd been remiss in writing them for the past few months, mostly because they're labor intensive.  But they do get a lot of hits and they are filled with very cool things I wouldn't have otherwise known about.  This is the piece that prevented me from putting this post out yesterday, but it was worth it!  Look for these too come out Wednesdays, especially if you live in the Long Island area and are looking for suggestions on what to do.

I've got got to get myself together... 

This was my only personal piece of the week, and I penned it just because I needed to work through some emotions...stay tuned for more if you like reading these types of posts.

Well, that's it for this week.  As always, thanks for checking me out and have an awesome weekend!

Image Sources:

pennlive

cocoperez



Reader's Digest Store

No comments:

Post a Comment