Monday, June 18, 2012

Madonna filming "Turn Up the Radio" video in Italy

When the world starts to get you down
And nothing seems to go your way
And the noise of the maddening crowd
Makes you feel like you're going to go insane


There's the glow of a distant light
Telling you to come outside
To feel the wind on your face and your skin
And it's here I begin my story


Today, one of my favorite Madonna fan sites, Madonnarama, reported that Madge herself was seen in Italy earlier today filming the video for her third "M.D.N.A." single, "Turn Up the Radio."  Now I don't know exactly what's up with the powers that be in the music industry, but I really can't, for the life of me, understand why Madonna is not being played on the radio.  Okay, I'll give ya "Gimme All Your Luvin."  I can understand that one as being a little too kitschy, but "Girl Gone Wild?"  That's definitely club and radio friendly...

Well, I predicted this would be the biggest hit of the new album and let's just see where it goes now that there'll be a video for it.  "Turn Up the Radio" is a very catchy song with a great, anthemic sound.  I don't know anyone who's heard it and doesn't like it. Maybe radio stations should skip one of their half a million plays of "Call Me Maybe" and play this one once in awhile.  Sheesh!



Turn Up the Radio - MDNA (Deluxe Version)



Anyway, check out the full piece on Madonnarama here, with lots of pics and a video to boot.  To see my reviews on all of the tracks on M.D.N.A., check these out:
















3 comments:

  1. Madonna keeps reinventing herself and this tune is catchy. I believe one of the reasons why the stations are not playing her song is because of the age old radio problem of payola. It sucks, but eventually she should make it on there. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks to you Jeremy for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Great song should be a great Summer hit

    ReplyDelete