Tuesday, March 27, 2012

M.D.N.A. Track Reviews: "Gang Bang"



Like a bitch out of order
Like a bat out of hell
Like a fish out of water
I'm scared, can't you tell

Bang Bang
Bang Bang


In the third in a series of track by track reviews of Madonna's "M.D.N.A.," we take a look at the singer's own favorite song off the record. "Gang, Bang" is a thumping dance floor track with aggressive undertones as our heroine shares her desire for revenge against an ex who ended up with all her "jack."

I thought you were good
But you painted me bad
Compared to the others
You're the best thing I had

Bang Bang, shot you dead
Bang Bang, shot you dead

I thought it was you
And I loved you the most
But I was just keeping
My enemies close

I made a decision,
I would never look back
So how did you end up
With all my jack?

Bang Bang, shot you dead
Bang Bang, shot you dead in the head


Both the bass and the singer's voice build up stronger and stronger as the song progresses, ending with a climactic and inevitably controversial "shot you dead" ending. This one has radio potential, though it's much more tailor made for the dance floor (Looking forward to the remixes of this one!). I would imagine from the singer's references to a "violence" themed show that this is one song off "M.D.N.A." she'll be taking on the road.



MDNA (Deluxe Version) - Madonna



Check out the reviews of the first two tracks on "M.D.N.A.":

Gimme All Your Luvin

Girl Gone Wild

Stay tuned for the rest...

Lyrics courtesy of AZLyrics

Image Source: YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment