Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday, March 3rd, 2012 - Recovering; Tornadoes; We Have a Winner; Happy Birthday Blanchie!

Happy Saturday! Today really felt like spring outside, as the rain has given way to sunshine and temperatures in the 50’s. It was a good day and let’s hope it stays that way for awhile…



Recovering

As you all know by now, last night was an absolute blast, as my friend Rich and I went to Splash for the M.D.N.A.thon (Read all about it here.). The only thing was I had an early appointment with the tax man this morning and I went on only about three hours sleep. Once that was over, me and mom went out for breakfast and then I figured I’d get some of my weekly shopping done before heading home, cause if I went home first I’d never get back out. Needless to say I was pooped.

By the time I got home it was around 1 PM and I immediately crashed on the couch and zonked out for about four hours. I’m still tired, but happy, and after hanging again with Rich for awhile I decided to just stay home tonight. Last night was by far enough fun for one weekend.



By the way,, if you’d like to check out Madonna’s World blog, the folks who put on the big show last night, click here.


Storm Chasers Movies


Tornado Outbreak

One of the scariest things I could ever think of to experience is a tornado. Tornadoes are one of the most destructive and ominous weather occurrences in nature and I thank God every day I am lucky enough to live in a place that is not too susceptible to them. Twisters can occur anywhere on Earth, but as many of us already know, the great majority of them happen in the Midwest, which was absolutely devastated on Friday by an outbreak of the deadly cyclones.


CBS

Yesterday’s storms occurred in the Midwest and Southeast portions of the U.S., affecting states from Alabama to Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio and Tennessee. So far, the death toll from the tornados has been reported at 38, with plenty of devastating damage left across the region. There’s not too much that can be said about the situation…it’s just one of those weather events that just happens and all any of us can do is pray for the victims and seek out ways to help. Very scary stuff!



We Have a Winner!

Earlier today, someone yet to be revealed downloaded the 25 billionth app from the iTunes store, winning the contest announced here the other day. The lucky winner gets a $10,000 gift card to be spent at the store, and I am happy for the winner, but still wish it had been me, lol.





Happy Birthday Blanchie!

I really, really meant to post this earlier today, but due to my post Madonnathon recovery, I have been away from the pc most of the day, and so... Today, March 3rd, is the birthday of one of my oldest friends, Blanche. I won’t tell you how old he is, but I will say that now we’re finally the same age again, lol. Happy Birthday Blanchie! This one’s for you:



Fastlove, Pt. 1 - Twenty Five



Sources:

Tornado Outbreak Kills 38

The Weather Channel


No comments:

Post a Comment