Thursday, March 8, 2012

Song of the Day - Stay (I Missed You) - Lisa Loeb



You say, I only hear what I want to
You say, I talk so all the time, so


Yesterday I received an email from Twitter that simply said "Lisa Loeb is now following you." When I clicked the link to see the profile, the description said "Yes this is really Lisa Loeb. I'm a singer/songwriter who loves food and cats." I know many of you may very well think I'm a dork, but this made me so excited.

One of the coolest things about Twitter is that you can follow real celebrities and sometimes actually interact with them. I follow several celebs, including Lady Gaga, Anderson Cooper, Wyclef Jean, Boy George, George Michael, RuPaul, a couple of NY Rangers and Yankees, and plenty more. I've even had an interaction or two with Ruth Buzzi, comedienne from the old TV classic "Laugh In."

Recently I found the old MTV VJ's Martha Quinn,Alan Hunter, Nina Blackwood and Mark Goodman and followed all of them them out of nostalgia. I am definitely a child of the 80's and MTV was a big part of musical life for a very long time (When the "M" still stood for music, anyway.)and I wanted to keep up with them and other stars of the era. Soon afterwards I was followed by another 80's singer, Greg Kihn, of "Jeopardy" fame, and the day before yesterday I received another follow from Kennedy, another former MTV celeb. Very cool!

Lisa Loeb was very popular back in the mid-nineties, and this was one of her biggest hits. It's one of the catchiest, most singable songs ever, so much so that I was unable to begin writing this post until it played out. So, if you were around in 1994-95, I am sure you'll remember this one, and after clicking the play button you might even want to sing along, too! In fact, I think I may just listen to it again...

Check out Lisa on Twitter here and her website here.



Stay - The Very Best of Lisa Loeb



Stay

...and I thought what I felt was simple,
and I thought that I don't belong,
and now that I am leaving,
now I know that I did something wrong 'cause I missed you.
yeah, I missed you.

and you say I only hear what I want to:
I don't listen hard,
I don't pay attention to the distance that you're running
or to anyone, anywhere,
I don't understand if you really care,
I'm only hearing negative: no, no, no.

so I turned the radio on, I turned the radio up,
and this woman was singing my song:
the lover's in love, and the other's run away,
the lover is crying 'cause the other won't stay.

some of us hover when we weep for the other who was
dying since the day they were born.
well, this is not that:
I think that I'm throwing, but I'm thrown.

and I thought I'd live forever, but now I'm not so sure.

you try to tell me that I'm clever,
but that won't take me anyhow, or anywhere with you.

you said that I was naive,
and I thought that I was strong.
I thought, "hey, I can leave, I can leave."
but now I know that I was wrong, 'cause I missed you.

you said, "You caught me 'cause you want me and one day you'll let me go."
"you try to give away a keeper, or keep me 'cause you know you're just so scared to lose.
and you say, "stay."

you say I only hear what I want to.


Lyrics courtesy of AZ Lyrics

Image Source: Gossip & Gab



No comments:

Post a Comment