Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Justin Timberlake's 'The 20/20 Experience' Track Reviews: 'Suit & Tie'



The second track on J.T.'s album is also its first single, and I've already reviewed it in a Music News Bytes from January.  Here's what I said about the song back then:

Okay, now that I've had about two weeks to digest Justin Timberlake's newest song, I've concluded that I'm still not crazy about it.  Compared to 'SexyBack' from his last album, 'FutureSexLoveSound,' this one's a real sleeper.  Oh, it's not a bad song, but hardly a jump-out-loud, must-have song that one might expect from such a huge comeback.  The track is a little too slow for my taste, and like the new Destiny's Child record, it is very R&B.  I've still got confidence, though, that the new record's gonna be slammin! 

I think we're seeing an overall theme to this one, right?  Not FututreSexyLoveSound by any means, but a new Robin Thicke-ish R&B sound...not bad, but a little disappointing for anyone who loved the singer on his earlier stuff.  It's not all that bleak, though.  Just stay tuned...


Justin Timberlake Ft. Jay-Z - Suit & Tie from Timbaland Passion on Vimeo.





Check out my review of the first track on The 20/20 Experience:

Pusher Love Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment