Friday, November 21, 2014

Flashback Friday Song of the Day - Don't Make Me Over - Sybil



Don't make me over

Now that you know
How I adore you...


I was looking for a song to post for today's Flashback Friday and I was all over the place...80's? 2000's?  last year?  rock? dance? disco?  I was so confused and undecided.  I'd gone through probably 50 songs and I wasn't happy with any of them, until this one popped into my head out of nowhere. Sybil's remake of the Dionne Warwick classic was a classic unto itself.  This is a song that I do not own...digitally anyway...and so I haven't listened to it for a long, long time.  

I'd forgotten how good a song Don't Make Me Over is.  The lyrics are so tender and beautiful, the music is soothing, and Sybil's voice!  Love it!  It always reminded me of Diana Ross' voice and I am only remembering that through listening right now.  If you were around in 1989, you're definitely gonna remember this top 20 hit, which beat the original's ranking by one.  So scroll down just a bit, click play, and then get on to whatever you were doing and enjoy this one while your doing it...
   






No comments:

Post a Comment