Saturday, November 24, 2012

Rihanna's "Unapologetic" Track Reviews: "Phresh Out the Runway"


Okay, here we go... Since my track by track review series of Madonna's M.D.N.A. and P!nk's The Truth About Love albums fared so well, I thought it might be a good idea to try it out with both Rihanna's Unapologetic and Christina Aguilera's Lotus.  Since these two are among the artists I follow, I like to share my honest opinions as a fan for my fellow fans.

First up is RiRi's Unapologetic.  The album, her 7th, came out on November 19th and I can honestly say at first listen that it is not as good as last year's Talk That Talk.  Sure there are a few nice tunes on it, but I remember when I first downloaded the last one, I practically loved every single song at first listen.  While that one was bolstered by the awesome We Found Love, the first single off this one, Diamonds, is not quite as infectious, though it does hit the #1 spot on this week's Billboard's Hot 100 Singles chart.

Unapologetic opens with fast and furious Phresh Out the Runway.  The song has a quick-paced track with equally fast lyrics that are filled with expletives, something which Ms. RiRi seems to favor in her music these days.  Check it out for yourself right here.

Unapologetic - Rihanna



No comments:

Post a Comment