Monday, November 19, 2012

The 40th AMA's - My Favorite Performances


chymfm

Thank God for DVR's!  I tell ya, I was really looking forward to watching the 40th Annual American Music Awards last night, but I had an engagement and couldn't be around to watch it live, so voila! DVR!  Watching any awards show on DVR is always better anyway because I can watch three hours worth in less than half that (no commercials and I get to skip the parts that don't interest me).

Any-who, some great performances were scheduled to be performed last night and so I really was looking forward to seeing some of them.  Of course, I was looking forward to P!nk the most, but also The Wanted, Kelly Clarkson, Psy, and Ke$ha were all on my 'to watch' list as well.

The Wanted - I Found You

After a ho hum performance of her new song, This Kiss, and a lil bit of Call Me Maybe came The Wanted, putting on an energetic performance of their latest I Found You.  Check it out:

 
The Wanted - I Found You - AMA's (40th) by IdolxMuzic

Ms. Kelly's Medley

Next, Kelly Clarkson, who will soon be releasing her first greatest hits set, performed a melody of some of those songs.  Check out Ms. Kelly:


Kelly Clarkson - Medley - AMA's (40th) by IdolxMuzic

Go On Ms. P!nk

Anyone who follows me knows how much I love me some P!nk.  In fact, I just spent the last couple of months feverishly reviewing her latest masterpiece track by track for this blog.  P!nk is not only a master songwriter and singer, she's also a great performer.  Who could forget that touchingly beautiful performance of Glitter in the Air at the Grammys awhile back?  Well, last night she recreated her video for her latest, Try, and to me, solidified her stature as one of music's greatest performers.  Watch:


P!nk - Try - AMA's (40th) by IdolxMuzic

Surprising Fun with Chris Brown

I know there are many people out there who hate Chris Brown, but I really enjoyed him with Ludacris and Swizz Beatz giving a high-energy rendition of Everyday Birthday.  I'm not posting the video, but if you like hip-hop and dance, a mixed genre in which Brown seems to have found his niche, click the title to watch it.

Other notable notes...

Other performances that I didn't chose to feature here included Ke$ha performing her new Die Young, which I absolutely love, though really to me the song does not translate live.  Hmmm, that voice!?!?  Nicki Minaj sang Freedom, which did not quite get my juices flowing.  Maybe because it's a little soft for Ms. Thing.  She returned a little later to join the Biebs on stage for something I didn't really get...???  No Doubt and lead singer Gwen Stefani did a nice performance of their latest, Looking Hot, and Ryan Seacrest and Stevie Wonder did a nice job paying a well deserved tribute to the late, great Dick Clark to cap off the performances I found to be of interest.

The Grand Finale - Who'd a Thunk?

The final and most entertaining performance of the night was that Korean sensation Psy, who's all over the place these days, and he brought on a special guest.  Somewhere towards the middle of the song, Mr. Too Legit to Quit, M.C. Hammer made a long-time-coming appearance on stage with the Gangnam Style singer. Check this out:



[HD] PSY & MC Hammer - Gangnam Style - AMA's... by IdolxMuzic

Anyway, in between all of these performances there were awards given out.  Check out all the winners right here.  Till next time....



All Music. No Ads. Get Rdio Free.

1 comment:

  1. Love some DVR! I didn't catch the AMA's. I have a way of missing that stuff, somehow!

    ReplyDelete