Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th, 2011 - Happy 4th; Una Fiesta; Cherry Grove


Happy 4th of July everybody! It’s a gorgeous day outside and here I still sit in my pj’s at almost 2 o’clock in the afternoon typing away. I’ve got some holiday festivities going on later so I will get out of here eventually. It’s been a great weekend so far and at the moment I’m loving life…I hope you are, too!

Una Fiesta

On Saturday night I was invited to a graduation/birthday party for one of my longtime students, Jaqi. I’m always a little apprehensive about socializing with my students and their families, but she practically begged me to come and so I did. Going to parties hosted by Latin American peoples definitely has its quirks, which I found out on Saturday.

Once I began telling the tale, I realized it would make a great article, so I published it on Y!CN. Check it out right here.

It was fun and since I only posted one photo on the Y!CN article, I'm going to share some more here:






4th (or more like 3rd!) at The Grove

Yesterday was the big day at Cherry Grove, which was more or less a blast. There's a lot more to the story of yesterday than I have time for here, so I'll save that for next time. In the meantime, have a safe, healthy and happy holiday and enjoy this Spanish language song by Ricky Martin. It's one of my favorites, "Lola, Lola."


Lola, Lola - Vuelve


No comments:

Post a Comment