Monday, July 18, 2011

'Janet Jackson Week' Song of the Day - That's the Way Love Goes


Like a moth to a flame
Burned by the fire
My love is blind
Can't you see my desire


Ah, Ms. Janet Jackson! I just recently realized that I have yet to feature any videos by Janet, an artist who, to me, has become kind of a sad story. Ever since that stupid "nipple" incident at the Super Bowl in 2004, Janet's star has faded to a flicker and I can't help but think that it had something to do with it. Until that time, Michael's little sister was a superstar, rivaling Madonna, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey (another faded star) and the like for one of the best out there. Now she's doing tours where she's not even performing her new music.

Admittedly I haven't followed Miss Janet too much either, except for her 2008 album (which was pretty good!) "Discipline," and I think she deserves a little bit of attention. So I'm officially declaring this "Janet Jackson Week" on John's World, and you can reexperience some of her best stuff from years past.

Today we start with one of my favorites, a sultry, sexy, rhythmic tune called "That's the Way Love Goes." It's from one of her best albums ever, 1993's "janet." The video is as cool as the song and I hope you will remember it and enjoy!



Janet. - Janet Jackson


1 comment:

  1. Ummmm Janet is on a sold out world tour and she doesn't need new material when she can perform her 36 number one songs and still sell out globally. You should be more concern about your shitty ass cheap looking hole in the wall blog that gets about 2 hits a day.Im laughing my ass off right now don't feel sorry for Janet she was just in 2 blockbuster movies and on a sold out tour and she has a movie deal with lions gate to make her own feature film. Janet is making millions every time she steps on stage...how much do you earn from your dumb ass blog???

    ReplyDelete