Saturday, July 30, 2011

N is for Plenty of Great Songs

Happy Saturday everyone! Well, we're up to the letter "N" in our quest to finally get through this long overdue Z to A Blogger's Challenge, and like I've done with other letters before, the letter "N" has quite a few noteworthy musical connotations for me...



N is for Naughty Girls (Need Love, Too)

Before Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, and Kim Kardashian there was Samantha Fox. Samantha Fox was a British poster model back in the 80's who turned to music with the help of Full Force (famous for working with Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam). It's funny, my brother and I loved her for very different reasons....he always had her on his wall and I always had her in my CD player, lol. Samantha had several club and pop hits, and this was one her biggest.


Naughty Girls (Need Love Too) - Greatest Hits




N is for Nu Nu

"What's a Nu Nu?," you ask. Well it's a very catchy, doo woppy song from an artist called Lidel Townsell from back in 1992. Some of you may remember it....it's very catchy and one of those types of songs you'll be singing for hours after you listen too it. Check it out:


Nu Nu - Ultimate House Megamix




N is for Neutron Dance

"Someone stole my brand new Chevrolet
and the rent is due I've got no place to stay"


That's my favorite line from this one! The Pointer Sisters used to be hella cool back in the day, and this one was one of their biggest hits, from the movie "Beverly Hills Cop," with Eddie Murphy. Nothing but fun!!!!


Neutron Dance (From




N is for Never

Since this post is for so many songs and my musical tastes have always been across the board, I wanted to share one here that's rockin'. Heart is comprised of the Wilson sisters, beautiful voiced Annie and guitarist Nancy. They had several great songs back in the 70's and 80's and this one is hands down my all time favorite!


Heart - Never by EMI_Music
Never - Heart




N is for Nobody's Supposed to Be Here

Love, love, love this one. This was THE dance anthem back in 1998, and it still fills dance floors whenever it's played. Awesome dance song!


Dance Vault Mixes - Nobody's Supposed to Be Here: Deborah Cox - Deborah Cox




N is for No Reason to Cry

The last "N" song of the day is a freestyle song by one of the princesses of the genre, Ms. Judy (pronounced "Hoodi") Torres. A new friend of mine, Jeremy, who I found out has great taste in music, and I were talking about freestyle yesterday and he told me that he met Judy one time. Joe and I used to love her and this song.... It is sooooo freestyle! Unfortunately there weren't too many vids to choose from with this one, and this one getes cut off a little at the end, but it's a live performance that's slammin'.


Judy Torres: The Greatest Hits - Judy Torres


Well, I could go on and on with more "N" songs: N is also for No Frills Love, Not Myself Tonight, Nothing Really Matters, None of Your Business, No Woman, No Cry and so many more. In the meantime, I hope you've enjoyed the "N" songs I've shared here. I know I did. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment