Sunday, July 3, 2011

Song of the Day - Pink Houses - John Mellencamp


Today is Sunday of 4th of July Weekend and the celebrations have already begun. As I rode home from a party out east last night I was treated to a myriad of beautiful fireworks for practically the entire trip. The weather doesn't look so promising at the moment, and I hope the rain holds out so people (including me!) can get out there and get on with their festivities.

Of course, I wanted to do something patriotic for "Song of the Day" today, and there were a lot of songs to choose from. It didn't take me long to figure it out, though. To me, practically all of John Mellencamp's songs are about America. Being such a talented singer/songwriter from the Heartland, he's given us many fine songs that together paint a picture of Middle America and none of them does it better than this one.



I saw John Mellencamp perform at Jones Beach a few years ago. Joe and I had gone at the request of a friend who really wanted to see the show, and neither of us were too excited to be going, but boy did we have a good time! Virtually every song he did was goose bump-inducing as the whole audience sang along to each and every word, the three of us included. I remember him doing this one specifically...it was so good it gave me a lump in my throat when he played it. So sit back, relax, and enjoy John Mellencamp's "Pink Houses," and Happy 4th of July Weekend!


Pink Houses - Uh-Huh! (Remastered)


No comments:

Post a Comment