Thursday, July 14, 2011

Song of the Day - Hips Don't Lie Shakira and Wyclef Jean


As I washed my car yesterday, I listened to my Shakira folder and came up with today's "Song of the Day." It had been a long time since I listened to some of her older stuff, like "Objection (Tango)," "Whenever, Wherever," and "Estoy Aqui," and I had forgotten how good she is. (Of course, "Waka Waka" is still one of my favorites!)

I never knew that she could dance like this
She make a man wanna speak Spanish
Como se llama
Bonita
Mi casa, su casa


"Hips Don't Lie" was an unlikely pairing of the Colombian singer with Refugee All Star Wyclef Jean, who first scored big with the Fugees and then with several hits of his own. Jean made for a perfect collaborator with Shakira. The song was a big hit, and the irresistable belly-dancing beats coupled with Jean's Spanglish raps make this one a classic! So check out and enjoy "Hips Don't Lie":


Hips Don't Lie - Now That's What I Call Music! - 10th Anniversary


No comments:

Post a Comment