Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 9th, 2011 - Happy Birthday Sis; Stirred Up; I'll Never be a Moving Man


Happy Saturday everyone, and a very Happy Birthday to my sister Christine! Chrissy is the baby of the family and she moved to Kentucky a couple of years ago with her partner, Heather. It’s been a long time since any of us have seen her and we miss her a lot! Anyway…on with the post…


Chrissy and Heather

Stirred Up

As you may probably tell from my previous post, Untitled, I had my first contact from him this week since way back in February. Of course when I first saw the email in my inbox I was a little nervous, and upon reading what he had to say I felt somewhat vindicated. The poem was the product of a few days’ thought and I think I’ve said just about what I needed to say. There were a lot of ways I could have handled it, and I thought about them all, but in the end I think the way I did it was perfect…and it was typical me!

There’s no need to explain anything…if you read the poem I think you’ll be able to figure it out. In the end, I’m feeling better because of it, a little less sad and a little more comfortable knowing that I’m alright. He told me he’s a semi-regular reader of this blog, which surprised me actually, so if you’re reading this, here’s one last, small thank you.

I’ll Never Be a Moving Man

Yesterday my friend Blanche asked if I would help him move a freezer from his carport down to his basement. It was an old freezer that his neighbor owned and gave to him. He said it was kind of small and it should be easy to move. I told him to give me a call when he got home from work and I’d run over for ten minutes to give him a hand.

At around 5:30, Blanche called. I was in the middle of vacuuming for some company I was getting at 7. “You ready?” I said as I picked up the phone.

“Yup!”

“I’ll be there in five.”

When I got there, I saw the appliance sitting in the carport. He was right, it didn’t look like much. He’d already had a hand truck underneath it, so I grabbed the handles and pulled it around the house to his side door, which led to the basement. By that time it started to rain.

Of course, nothing I ever do is easy, and the freezer wouldn’t fit through first the door and then the doorway to the basement. Blanche and I maneuvered it around and somehow I ended up on the bottom. That’s when all the trouble began…

Somehow, we got the freezer tilted downwards, with the top, or the lighter side, facing down. Bad move! Not only did that make it difficult to move around, but the freezer got wedged between the steps to his attic above and the ones leading to the basement. For the better part of an hour I was trapped in the basement.

“Is there any other way outta here?” I asked jokingly, thinking that I may be stuck.
Blanche chuckled. “Maybe we should call the fire department.

“I think you should.” The clock was ticking and I still had to finish vacuuming and take a shower all before 7 o’clock. I texted my friend:

“Help! I’m stuck in Blanchie’s basement. Gimme another half-hour. 7:30.”

With that I pushed up on the freezer as I had been doing all along, my shoulder muscles straining with every push. I was afraid that the thing, once we got it going, was gonna come crashing down on top of me. After all, Blanche had nothing really to hold on to and the thing was heavy! Visions of the emergency room flashed through my mind.

That last push did the trick! Blanche was able to get it back up on the landing so we could finally arch it downwards the right way. I still worried about the thing crashing down on me, and I had to still strain my might to guide it down, huffing and puffing and soaking from sweat.

“Thank God!” I said once it reached the bottom. We walked it over to its place and I was on my way. It was 6:45 by the time I got home. My friend never got my text and was at my door as I was dressing from my very quick shower. We had a good time last night, especially laughing about my moving experience. One thing’s for sure…I will never get a job as a moving man!

I Was Here - Another Beyonce Spotlight

Here's another song off of Beyonce's new album,, "4." It's a beautiful song and I think that it reflects pretty accurately how I look at life. Take a listen and follow along below to this amazing tune.


4 - Beyoncé


I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time
Know there was something that, and something that I left behind
When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets
Leave something to remember, so they won't forget

I was here...
I lived, I loved
I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here...

I want to say I lived each day, until I died
I know that I had something in, somebody's life
The hearts I have touched, will be the proof that I leave
That I made a difference, and this world will see

I was here...
I lived, I loved
I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here...

I was here...
I lived, I loved
I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here...

I just want them to know
That I gave my all, did my best
Brought someone to hapiness
Left this world a little better just because...

I was here...

I was here...
I lived, I loved
I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here...


Well, once again I've wasted too much time in front of the pc and I need to get outside and do some yard work, ugh! Back to the Grove tonight and then Alfie's, the new place in Patchogue I wrote about the other day. In the meantime, here's a cool photo that's currently the background of my desktop:



No comments:

Post a Comment