Saturday, November 26, 2011

November 26th, 2011 - LI Eagle; (Another) New Dawn; I'm thankful for my car

It’s Saturday night and almost time for my weekly visit to Splash. My birthday is next Wednesday and I plan on having fun both this weekend and next, and since this’ll be my 4th night in a row, I guess first one check! My friend Paul was supposed to come with me tonight, but he called a little while ago to tell me he was already in the city with a friend, and so I go alone, which is totally cool.

As always this has been a trying week, as you could probably see from my post on Thanksgiving night. Thankfully I smoothed things over with mom and felt much better afterwards. I went into the city and remembered why I love going on Thursdays, because the music was awesome! I was having such a good time that I had to remind myself that I lived an hour away and had to pace myself for the weekend ahead, and I got home at a decent hour…for me anyway, lol. Gotta love that dance therapy, though. Works every time!

LI Eagle

Last night was a fun night, too, as I had some pleasant surprise company at the Eagle. Blanchie had been away for the holiday and I’d been feeding his cat while he was gone. I texted him yesterday afternoon to ask if he needed me to go and feed it one more time before he got home last night, and to my surprise he was already home. We got to talking and when I mentioned I was going to the Eagle, he actually offered to meet me there. It was sort of a blast from the past, as that’s what he and I used to do all the time twenty-something years ago.

I wanted to go to the Eagle again because I wanted to write a piece on it since its owner, Brett, had contacted me on FB to ask why I hadn’t before. I wrote the piece this morning which you can see here. I say again because I also visited the Eagle on Thanksgiving Eve because I didn’t want to venture into NYC and I figured it would be as good a time as any to give it a try. I had a really good time both nights, though it was much nicer having Blanchie with me last night…these Long Island bars are so clicky!



Another New Dawn

As I mentioned earlier, this Wednesday is my birthday and just like the New Year or the start of a new school year, a birthday is a good time to start fresh once again. I’m really tired of being stuck in neutral, so to speak, because of the economy and I think desperate times call for desperate measures, so I plan to make myself some birthday resolutions and set some goals for myself. I think that kicking the, dare I say, habit, might be high on the list, and so is becoming more sociable. I need to dig out that “Life” book again… We’ll see!

I’m thankful for my car

I figured I’d use this opportunity to put in another Thanksgiving Thanks, this time for my car. My 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse is the nicest looking car I’ve ever had and it came to me quite unexpected. On Halloween weekend of last year, my good buddy Jorge was moving back to his country, Chile, and he needed to get rid of his car and he made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. So here I am a year later with my beautiful car that’s a pleasure to drive every day. It’s one of the things I’d surely miss whenever I do get to the city. Thanks Jorge!

Well, it’s time to hop in the shower, so I’m going to sign off here. I have a feeling I’m going to be very tired tomorrow! Have a great evening and thanks for checking me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment