Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November 3rd, 2011 - Writing Wednesday

Hello all, today’s already November 2nd and before you know it, you-know-what will be here…Yikes! I don’t even wanna think about that just yet, though I’ve already been seeing that ‘décor’ in stores already… I'm dreading the music already!

Writing Wednesday

Well it’s Wednesday and time to share what I’ve been up to in the past week. I’ve had a pretty busy week overall, writing-wise, and I’ve got plenty more on my plate in the days to come. Hopefully, things will be fruitful (especially if any of you gimme a few clicks, wink!). Here goes:

Gather

Now Gather is the one place where no one can subscribe to me, and it’s the best paying site that I write for. It’s one of the primary reasons for adding these articles to Writing Wednesday and I really appreciate any reads of these pieces as I still try to get my groove on over there…


Source: AT40

Details emerging on new Madonna album

Like many of my fellow Madonna fans, the news that she has been working on a new album finally is very exciting, and some new tidbits came out this week about it, including some info on her first single which features rappers Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.

VH1 Divas Live celebrates soul music

The latest “Divas” show on VH1 features exciting performances by Mary J. Blige, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson and more. The concert, which celebrates soul music and some of the places where it thrives, will air on the channel on December 19th.

New Music: Week of October 31st, 2011

This week spotlights new Florence and the Machine and a Christmas album from teen heartthrob Justin Bieber.

Here's "Shake it Out" from Florence and the Machine's new "Ceremonials":


Shake It Out - Ceremonials (Deluxe Version)



Source: Pracktikel

Y!CN

After almost three weeks, I finally got an article out on Yahoo Contributor Network. It’s a piece I’ve wanted to write about the Wall Street Protests for awhile and I think it’s pretty good. Check it out and stay tuned for more to come:

Occupy Wall Street: Practicing American Principles

Examiner

I’ve been pretty busy with Examiner, too! Check these out:


Source: insidesocal

Cyndi Lauper’s “Home for the Holidays” to benefit NYC’s GLBT homelessness

Cyndi Lauper is a great straight ally, and this one looks like fun! I wanna go!

Fall Festivals this weekend on Long Island

Let the shopping begin!

Long Island Restaurant Week is back

Yup, starting this Sunday, November 6th, great restaurants all over the island will be serving up their best at an affordable three-course prix fixe menu for only $24.95. It’s a sweet deal and you can find links to all of the great participating restaurants within the piece.

NYC Up & Out

This is a review of one of my go-to websites for events of interest to LGBT’s in and around New York City. I get their weekly newsletter, which has given me plenty of ideas for pieces…one day, when I live in the city, I may actually get to experience a lot of the great things on this great website!

Reader's Digest Store

Well, I'd say that was a pretty productive week! As always, thanks for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment