Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thanksgiving Thanks - Facebook and Writing

Good evening everyone! I’ve been on a real time crunch lately and that still carries true for the moment, but I wanted to catch up on my Thanksgiving Thanks real quick. I missed Writing Wednesday yesterday and I’ve decided to catch up on that next week since there really wasn’t too much put out there this week. So without further adieu…



I’m thankful for Facebook

Facebook is used by a lot of things for a lot of people and I know a few who would never go near it, but I think that Facebook is great! As a traveled person who’s been through a lot of different jobs and roles in my life, Facebook is an awesome way to keep up with people who you wouldn’t necessarily keep up with in a normal life.

Nowadays I get to communicate with people from my childhood, from school, from my former job at Citibank and my current one at school, and I even stay in touch with former students through the site. I’m a regular Facebook user and I think that my friends are just as happy that I’m still in their lives in much the same way I’m in theirs, and for that I’m grateful!

I’m thankful for my writing talents

No matter what people think of my writing abilities, I’ve discovered over the past few years that I do have some sort of talent for the written word. Beginning with the old Associated Content and then with Y!CN, Examiner, Gather, Textbroker and this blog, I’ve built up a respectable following so I must be doing something right.

Whether or not I will ever write that first book or become a full time writer someday, I can be satisfied and proud that I’ve used my talents thus far to make some sort of dent in the world, and so I’m as grateful for this talent as I am for my talents as a teacher!

Well, I think I’m all caught up now. This is turning out to be harder than I thought, but I’m sure I will still be able to find at least 20 more things that I’m thankful for. I’m off for the next three days and so I’ve got plenty of time to think…and of course, dance! Have a good one everybody!

Here's another old pic I scanned recently...silly face, but I kinda like it for some reason!



No comments:

Post a Comment