Saturday, December 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom, 70 Years Young!


Today is my mom's 70th birthday, and after spending a nice morning breakfast with her and my cousin Ann, I've got to consider myself lucky because if I age as well as she did, I've got it made in the shade.  Mom may be 70, but she could most certainly pass for her 50's in both looks and how she carries herself.  In fact, she herself seems to take after members of her own family, all of whom lived long lives and most of whom aged very well.

Anyway, last Sunday, my siblings and I threw her a surprise party to mark the occasion and I think she was genuinely surprised.  Most of her friends showed up, which is pretty good considering the party's close proximity to all of this holiday madness, and a good time was had by all, including mom.  She deserves it! So happy birthday mom, and here's to many more!






No comments:

Post a Comment