Saturday, December 29, 2012

Song of the Day - That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings

Today's song was not my first choice, but my third.  All I can say is &*#@ing YouTube!!!!  For the first two years plus of doing this blog full time, I never had any trouble posting videos here, but no longer.  Boy this could really turn into a rant...I mean, what's the big frikkin deal if I post a video here.  It's not like I'm making money off it.  Posted videos always have the option of watching on YouTube anyway, so I just don't understand.  I see them on other sites, but I guess this one's not good enough....Grrrrrr!!!!!!!


Anyway, my first choice for Song of the Day today was I Need Your Love, by Calvin Harris, featuring Ellie Goulding, which I hinted at yesterday.  but the only choices for that one were on YT, and they weren't letting me post them.  "This video contains content by blah, blah, blah...watch it on YouTube."  Dang!   Next came a new one (to me, anyway) by the Ting Tings, a cool one called Soul Killing, but same deal.  Double grrr!!!!

So I decided to post the Ting Tings anyway, only this one's from their first album, We Started Nothing, which is really, really good.  The duo opened up for P!nk on her Funhouse Tour a couple of years ago and they were so good I actually bought their album and am thinking about buying their second one.   That's Not My Name has that 80's New Wave feel to it, and I love it.  Funky beats and even funkier lyrics.  Check it out...

 

That's Not My Name - We Started Nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment