Sunday, April 6, 2014

A-Z Blogging - Adventure Parks - E is for EPCOT Center

Believe it or not, I've never been to EPCOT Center.  Oh, I visited the Magic Kingdom way back in 1990, but during that trip I never had the chance to visit EPCOT, opting instead to check out Universal Studios. My trip to Orlando really came up out of chance, and for some reason, maybe because of my love of roller coasters, I was never really too enthused to go to any of the Orlando theme parks, but I went because I felt I had to go at least once in my life.  

Now don't get me wrong, I am glad I had the opportunity to go to the Magic Kingdom.  Those days I was there I was as giddy as anything, and I had an absolute blast.  But now I am wishing I had experienced EPCOT Center.  There are so many attractions there I'd like to see and now I intend to make it there one day.


Looking around at the EPCOT website, I realize that there is so much I don't know about the place.  The only thing I had heard of before was the international pavilion known as World Showcase, with scenes and foods of eleven different countries around the world, but the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow is so much more than that.  Really, the place hearkens back to what I believe the World's Fairs were.

Here are some of the EPCOT attractions I'd like to visit...


Spaceship Earth

Spaceship Earth is the centerpiece of this park.  The park's website introduces the attraction: Enter the iconic geosphere and explore the history of communications, from the Stone Age to the computer age...  With Disney's well-known attention to detail and their penchant for imagination, I'm sure this is one cool attraction!


Mission Space

Experience authentic NASA-style training and an out-of-this-world space launch on this shuttle simulator. How cool does that sound?


Captain EO

Here's a show that I had never even knew existed.  It stars none other than Michael Jackson, who takes an amusing journey with a rag tag bunch to deliver gifts to the Supreme Leader, played by Anjelica Houston. The show had been retired back in the 90's, but returned to the park in 2010 as a tribute to the King of Pop. 


Test Track

Presented by General Motors, this attraction simulates all of the testing the car manufacturer does on its cars. The ride culminates in a high speed drive around the exterior of the attraction and looks like one helluva ride!

Well, these are just a few reasons to want to go and visit EPCOT Center in Orlando, Florida.  Now that I've taken a closer look at what the park has to offer, it's definitely going on my bucket list of theme parks to visit.  Check out the EPCOT website here to learn more.


"E" Roller Coaster of the Day - El Toro, Six Flags, Great Adventure, Jackson, New Jersey 


Today's roller coaster is one of my favorites.  El Toro resides at Six Flags Great Adventure, my home park, and it packs a wallop!  I actually featured it during the April Blogger's Challenge in 2012, and it deservedly warrants another look.  Take a virtual ride on El Toro... That first drop is a doozy!

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to Epcot center in FL either. They do have the Michael Jackson Captain EO in Disneyland in CA, the last time I was there. It was a great show.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Sunni
    http://sunni-survivinglife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't appreciate EPCOT when I first went back in 96' - the last two trips there I have grown fonder. Great post! Stopping by to show some A to Z love.

    ReplyDelete