Sunday, April 6, 2014

Ugh, I've Got the Flu!

For the past three days I have been terribly sick with the flu.  It all started on Thursday morning, seemingly out of nowhere.  On Wednesday afternoon, when I got home from work, it was somewhat warm out and I had opened the windows upstairs to let a little fresh air in.  Well, I forgot to close my bedroom window when I went to sleep and woke up Thursday morning with a stiff back and aches and pains all over.


I really didn't think much of it.  I figured it was the open window that caused my back to go stiff.  I had a ot of trouble getting myself going, so I decided to call in sick and take it easy.  I sent in my lesson plans via email and went back to bed, and the next thing I knew, it was 12:30.  Six hours, dead to the world.  Little did I know that that was the beginning of three days of hell.

Rather than recount how many hours I slept that day, I can tell you that I was only awake for about two of them.  Still, though, I hadn't really suspected I was sick.  I've had recurring backaches before, and I still assumed that it was the open window that was causing me the pain, and the sleep was just due to being over-tired.  Then I went to work on Friday, still not feeling well.

I opened up my email to find that five students in our building had come down with the flu and we should all make note of the symptoms: aches and pains (check), chills (ooh, yes...check), congestion (I had started with some of that on Thursday morning and it had gotten worse by Friday...check), weakness (hell yeah!...check), check, check, check.  I left work and headed straight for my bed.

I tell ya, it's been a long time since I've been this sick and it sucks!  I haven't had the energy to do anything these past couple of days and it sucks that this is the first beautiful weekend we've had this spring.  And looking at Facebook doesn't help matters either, seeing who's doing this or that on this wonderful day.  Rub it in, whydon'tcha?

So today is Sunday, another beautiful day out there, and I am feeling a wee bit better.  I've been resting, for lack of energy to do anything else, and taking flu medication, and hopefully I'll find some energy to do something to enjoy this day. Wish me luck...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment