Friday, April 11, 2014

Flashback Friday Song of the Day - Praise You - Fatboy Slim

We've come a long long way together 
Through the hard times and the good 
I have to celebrate you baby 
I have to praise you like I should...


Aw, I had forgotten about this one!  I remember the first few times I heard this song it reminded me of Paul Simon singing.  Of course it wasn't, but it was the year 1999 and Fatboy Slim was having a very good year. His Rockefeller Skank was already a big hit from his You've Come a Long Way Baby album, and his Right Here, Right Now would immediately follow.

Of the three though, this one is my favorite.  It's just such a happy song, and you can't watch the video without smiling.  It was shot in a movie theater unbeknownst to the many onlookers who could only just watch and smile as the odd-looking dance troupe did their thing to the song.  Check it out...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment