Thursday, March 10, 2011

Song of the Day - No More Rain - Angie Stone



Today's "Song of the Day" doesn't have a video, only an audio track set to pictures, but it's special enough to be given today's honor. Aside from the fact that we're in for two days of torrential rains, the song is really about sunshine coming back into life after heartbreak. It's something I'm still waiting for, and so I listen to it this morning with hope.

My sunshine has come,
and I'm all cried out
and there's no more rain in this cloud


"No More Rain" is a song by Angie Stone, a wonderful R&B singer, off of her first album of the same name. It was introduced to me by a friend a few years ago and I was drawn to it the first time I heard it. The musical track and the bittersweet lyrics give this song a melancholy, yet soothing feel, and it's been a part of my "favorites" list on my iPod ever since I've known it. So please take a listen to "No More Rain (In this Cloud)." It's a perfect song for a day like today!

No comments:

Post a Comment