Monday, April 25, 2011

Song of the Day - B-52's Private Idaho



I'm very excited about today's "Song of the Day." You see, I was a late bloomer when it came to the B-52's. Even though their smash 'Rock Lobster' was a big one off of their debut album, I didn't discover them until their second one, 'Wild Planet,' which contained this song. I never knew until just now that there was any video footage of them singing it, and you can say I hit the proverbial jackpot with this.

I used to hear 'Private Idaho' in a straight club I used to go to on Friday nights every single week. I remember not having any idea whatsoever what they were saying in the song, but I absolutely loved the music. I tried to seek it out for the longest time, but since I didn't know any of the lyrics it was difficult at best.

I've since become a long time card-carrying member of the B-52's fan club (not really, but I've loved them long time!) and I absolutely love their stuff. I've been thinking about doing a top ten on them so look out for that. In the meantime, enjoy the fast and funky 'Private Idaho':


Wild Planet - The B-52's



No comments:

Post a Comment