Sunday, August 21, 2011

Madonnathon Song of the Day - Erotica


Photo Source: Dens 54 Remixes

My name is Dita, I'll be your mistress tonight...

Our final posting for the Madonnathon Song of the Day is one which I should've thought of but I can't take credit for. I was speaking with my friend Rich yesterday and he asked me when I was going to end the Madonnathon. I told him soon, perhaps even yesterday. I mean, I could go on forever with all that's she's got out there, but I think a week's been enough, and so here we are.

He suggested that I should put "Erotica" as my Song of the Day...of course, it's that first line that got him his moniker: "My name is Dita." I actually call him Dita more than I call him Rich, so there ya go, lol.

Anyway, the video for this song goes kind of hand in hand with Madonna's publication of her "Sex" book, and for a spell put her in the doghouse with many for the risque themes. It's too bad, though, because the album "Erotica" was definitely one of her best and it didn't get as much attention as it could have because of the controversy. Oh well, we love it anyway!

Check out my review of the "Erotica" album right here.


Erotica - Madonna



No comments:

Post a Comment