Friday, August 26, 2011

Song of the Day - Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler


Photo Source: badmovieart

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?

Today's "Song of the Day" is by special request from a good friend of mine. I promised Nancy Lou I'd spotlight this song one day this week, and in my mind I wanted it to be today. You see, I haven't known Nance too long, and in the short time I have known him, he's shown himself worthy of the title 'friend.'

Today I am going for my very first colonoscopy, something I never thought I'd do at my age, but my doctor told me it wouldn't be a bad idea and he convinced me to go for it, so here I am. Nancy, upon hearing the news, immediately offered to take me, and for that I am grateful.

Nancy Lou is an avid reader of this blog and the other day he asked me when I was going to quit the "Madonnathon" I had been running last week.

"Why don't you do some Bette?" he asked.

"Okay, Nance, I like Bette. What song do you want me to put?"

The answer is right below. "Wind Beneath My Wings" is probably one of the most classic songs ever recorded. It's beautiful and sad and everything in between. Of course, it's from the movie "Beaches," one of the biggest tearjerkers of all time, and the soundtrack is awesome, as well. So Nance, this one's for you! Enjoy!


Experience the Divine - Greatest Hits (Deluxe Version) - Bette Midler



1 comment:

  1. Nobody does it better than Bette :) cheers, my friend, have a better day today!

    ReplyDelete