Tuesday, September 20, 2011

September 20th, 2011 - Walmartian of the Day; Still Hurting: A Reunion?!?!

The time is running late and here I am once again at my pc, working feverishly to get stuff out there. I’ve got so many articles in my head and not enough time to write them, which is so frustrating, especially since I didn’t have the same ideas over the summer when I was off. Oh well, we do what we can, right?

Walmartian of the Day

I just got an idea for a new feature, which won’t be daily, but it’ll show up often enough. It’s inspired by my good friend Dita, who’s always sending me these “Walmartian” emails…you know, the ones showing real Walmart shoppers, truly ugly Americans looking for a bargain. They always give me a good chuckle, so I thought I’d share. Here’s the first one, which speaks for itself!


Ain't that America?

Still Hurting

I think that this time I really did it with the fall I took on Saturday. The pain is much worse than last time and in two different places, no less. My tailbone, which I think I hit squarely on the lower step, makes it hard for me to sit, and my mid-back area seems to be the place that’s killing me even more. Laughing, coughing, sneezing, and practically everything else leads to shooting pains that make me want to scream!

The worst part of it all is that it happened this week. I just told you last week about all of the good stuff I was looking forward to and I think that some of them may have to be cancelled, most notably “Out at Night” at Great Adventure. Somehow I don’t think that riding scream machines will do anything to help my back! That sucks!

A Johnny – Kona Reunion?!?!

I believe, though I am still not absolutely positively sure, that my old friend, Kona is coming for a visit. In fact, she may be here already. She shot me a message last week on Facebook telling me that she was coming to NY (she lives in Colorado) this week. Kona and Johnny Driver worked together Johnny’s first year at Wellington’s and they had one of the greatest summers ever! Johnny misses his Kona and he’s hoping to catch her in the city on Thursday night for some dinner and maybe a trip to Splash. At least taking the day off for roller coasters won’t be that much of a waste! I can’t wait, although I haven’t heard from her so I don’t know where she is at the moment.

Til next time...Have a great Hump Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment