Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Writing Wednesday, September 21st, 2011

Well, it's Wednesday night and we're just about over that hump...I'm a little out of gas...been a long week, but I wanted to put up some links to what I've been writing lately. It's been too long since the last Writing Wednesday...


Magnum XL-200 at Cedar Point - My favorite roller coaster and #3 on the list of the top 25 of 2011

Roller Coasters

Well, since I WAS going to go to Out at Night at Great Adventure this Friday, I've had coasters on my mind recently. I've done several pieces on roller coasters on both Examiner and Gather:

Out in the Park Events (at Six Flags New England and Great Adventure)

Halloween Fright Fests at Theme Parks Across America

This one got featured on Examiner's special Halloween page. Hoping for lots of page views! Besides, I love Fright Fest and I may just have to go this year.

Top 25 Wooden Coasters of 2011

Top 25 Steel Coasters of 2011

World's Best Amusement Parks for 2011

Fire Island

End of Season Fun at Cherry Grove

There are still a couple of parties going on at Cherry Grove before it closes for the season. I'm hoping to go to the Halloween Party at Cherry's on October 1st.

Gather Music

It seems I am now writing for Gather what I used to write for AC, or Y!CN. I kind of miss writing as much for them, but ever since they turned me down for their Featured Music Contributor position, things just haven't been the same! Anyway, here are some of those pieces:

New Music: Week of August 29th with Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lenny Kravitz, Edwin McCain and Jill Scott.

New Music: Week of September 12th with Lady Antebellum, Bush and Blondie.

New Music: Week of September 19th with Pearl Jam, Tori Amos, Demi Lovato, Tony Bennett and new mega-super group Superheavy.

There were two articles on David Guetta's fantastic "Nothing But the Beat," a general review and a track by track listing:

Guetta On Fire

"Nothing But the Beat: Track by Track"

If you don't already have this one, get it!!!!

Tony Bennett's "Duets II"

I previewed this one because it's got Amy Winehouse's very last recording with Bennett on "Body and Soul." The rest of it sounds pretty cool, too, if you're into that, and besides Mr. Bennett made news today with his remarks about 911. Tsk tsk!

Miscellaneous pieces from Y!CN

I posted a few pieces here and there for Yahoo Contributor Network recently on different topics. Check em out:

Remembering 9/11

I've linked this one here before. It started as an assignment, and then I flubbed it, lol. I think it's a pretty good piece, though!

My Fitness Routine

Another assignment piece...on how I keep fit...dancing's the word, mostly!

Volunteer's Corner: Feeding the Hungry

My latest in the series, this time on food pantries where people can volunteer for a really good cause. My neighbor and friend Terry has been doing it for years and she rocks!

So that's about it! It's really not a lot for three or four weeks, right? Makes me want to recharge my tired batteries and do something more pointed and consistent. Anyway, I'm heading on out to the city tomorrow night, hopefully to meet with Kona (still don't know for sure!), but even if I don't, at least I have Splash to look forward to. I'm off Friday...woo hoo!





No comments:

Post a Comment