Monday, September 19, 2011

Song of the Day - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) - Dead or Alive


TechnoDisco

Oh man, I remember when this was THE song! It was way back in 1985 and I was just in my prime clubbing it at Crystals in Smithtown. I remember not knowing what the heck they were saying in the song until way after it was popular, but every time it came on the dance floor was packed, and it was the kind of song they'd even play twice in one night sometimes.

Dead or Alive became very popular after that, with a great album called "Youthquake," which featured other great songs like "My Heart Goes Bang," "Lover Come Back to Me," and "In Too Deep." All of my friends were big into them and Joe and I once drove all the way out to Sag Harbor to see them play a show. Ah, those were the days! Awesome times!


You Spin Me Round - Single - Dead or Alive






No comments:

Post a Comment