Sunday, February 3, 2013

Black History Month Song of the Day - Jump to It/Jump Aretha Franklin


We continue Black History Month Song of the Day with the Queen of Soul herself, Ms. Aretha Franklin.  Now when it comes to soul music, of course Aretha is one of the first people people think of, and she's had an illustrious career that has spanned an unbelievable seven decades.  The singer has amassed innumerable awards over the years for some of the most memorable songs in the American songbook.


As a special treat for the day, we present two Aretha Franklin songs, the one which I originally intended to feature today, and another which I found while looking for that first one.  Jump to It was one of a great number of R&B songs made in the early 80's, and I can remember listening and dancing to it for hours on end back in the day.  The second, simply called Jump, was one of the choices I found while searching for Jump to It, and upon taking a listen I found it to be more reminiscent of her old-school 60's jams, even though it was recorded in 1976.  I enjoyed it so much I decided to include it here.  Both songs are hot and I hope you like em...



No comments:

Post a Comment