Sunday, February 10, 2013

'Where's the Beef?" - Classic Wendy's Commercials


Don't ask me how I got on this one...I saw somebody post "Where's the Beef?" somewhere and I started remembering these old Wendy's commercials.  Next thing you knew it, I'm on YouTube, looking at them again.  Television commercials, like music or TV shows, and most anything else in pop culture, become associated with a time, and so they remain in your mind as happy memories of good times past.  Check out some of my favorite commercials from years ago, Wendy's hysterically memorable ads from early on...



The Wendy's commercials of the 80's (I believe) were a laugh out loud riot.  It started with these three older ladies looking for the beef within the big bun of another fast food chain.  The commercial was so popular, it's coining of the phrase, "Where's the Beef?" became forever etched in American slang.  Check it out...


It certainly is a big bun...

 

For a little while, Clara Peller, one of the three ladies in the original commercial, gained her fifteen minutes of fame doing more spots for the fast food chain.  Several of them hit the air, but there's one I remember all these years later.  Clara, and her two pals are going to Wendy's, but this time their going through the drive-thru.   If you asked me what my funniest ever commercial was, this one would come right to my mind.


Once the "Where's the Beef?" commercials waned, a whole new memorable ad hit the small screen during bathroom breaks from your favorite shows.  With this one, a whole new phrase was coined: "...very nice!"  If any of you were around during that time, you're definitely gonna remember this Russian fashion show, lol...


Day wear...very nice!
Eve-ning wear...very nice!





No comments:

Post a Comment