Monday, April 1, 2013

A to Z April Challenge

Today is April 1st and the first day of the 2013 Blogging from A to Z Challenge.  This will be my third time in the challenge and I love it for so many reasons.  For one thing, I get to explore many of the fascinating blogs out there run my fellow bloggers.  Being a part time writer who writes for several sites on top of this blog, I don't always have much time for writing, let alone reading, so during the challenge I make time to check out my fellow bloggers and I've enjoyed many of their posts.

The A to Z Blogger's Challenge also forces me to post regularly, more-so than I normally do, and gets me to think about topics I wouldn't necessarily write about.  Some of my favorite posts are ones I've written during the challenge, and I'm going to link to some of them below, but first I'd like to introduce myself to those of you who don't know me.


J is for John

A little poem that tries to explain me...and a little video that shows the sillier side of me:



I Love Music

P!nk, currently my favorite musical artist!

My name is John and I am a man of many flavors.  Music is my main love, and many of the posts on my blog and Yahoo Voices, are about music.  I love dance music, mostly, and Madonna, P!nk, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Calvin Harris, and so many others see regular rotation on my blog and on my iPod, too.  The one feature of John's World that I never miss and that is pretty popular is my daily Song of the Day post.  For many of us, music represents a soundtrack to our lives, and well, my Song of the Day gives people tunes from their own soundtrack to sing in their heads throughout the day.  You can find music news, album and song reviews, and other such musically themed stuff on my blog, too.

Here are a couple of past A to Z Challenge posts I've done on music:


B is for Boy Bands

Remember those boy bands from the past?  Though these days we've got The Wanted and One Direction, they wouldn't be anywhere without bands of the past like New Kids on the Block, NSYNC, Boyz II Men, or the Backstreet Boys.

P is for P!nk

I did this one on my first A to Z Challenge and I think she's come so far since then that she just may be featured again this year!

D is for Dance

My favorite thing to do!


I Am Gay

Another big part of my life is my sexual orientation, and you'll see many posts concerning issues relating to being gay.  I've lived through a 20-year relationship with my ex-partner, and have seen plenty of change in the world when it comes to us, so I've got plenty to say about the topic:

Q is for Queens

Drag queens, that is!  This one's a topic that not too many people in the mainstream know about, and these guys (or gals!) are one fascinating topic!

O is for Out

All about being out...and proud!

And So Many Other Things...

So yeah, music and being gay are big parts of who I am, but like I said, I am a man of many flavors.  The A to Z Bloggers Challenge has given me ideas on many topics of interest to me, but never would have otherwise tackled.  Check some of these out...

K is for Karma

Express Yourself

C is for Candy

L is for Love

I know it's a lot of reading, but it's just a sampling of what I do and how I think.  So that's my first entry into the 2013 Blogging from A to Z Challenge...the A to Z Challenge itself.  I may not necessarily keep up with it every day, but I will make it through!






1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see more, I'm too much of a chicken to give this one a shot... :)

    ReplyDelete