Friday, April 19, 2013

Music News Bytes - Britney's New Song; P!nk's 4th Billboard #1; New Music Now


Britney Spears 'Ooh La La' Set for Summer Release

As mentioned in a January Music News Bytes, Britney Spears is indeed working on some new music.  The Huffington Post reported earlier this week that La Spears will be releasing a new song this summer called Ooh La La, from the soundtrack to the upcoming Smurfs 2 film, coming to theaters July 31st.  A new album is rumored to be coming in the fall, as well.  Something to look forward to.  Stay tuned.



P!nk #1 with a Bullet

I was just texting with a friend and when he asked me what I was doing I told him I was writing some music news for my blog.  He asked me if I was gushing over P!nk again.  Yeah, everyone knows I've been a lil P!nk crazed lately, and for good reason.  Like a slow steamroller, Ms. P!nk has taken over my music psyche full steam.  I'm truly convinced that she is currently the best musical star out there today, and this week she added another accomplishment to her ever-impressive resume with a #1 hit.  Yes, Just Give Me a Reason, her stellar duet with Fun's Nate Ruess, hit the number 1 spot on Billboard's Hot 100.  Yay!

New Music Now

There are several new releases under my radar these past couple of weeks.  First up is Florence + the Machine with a new song off the soundtrack to the upcoming remake of The Great Gatsby.  The film stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan as Jay Gatsby and Daisy Mulligan, respectively, and the song is told from Daisy's point of view.  The song is dramatic and beautiful and I simply love the rise towards the end.  Check out the full track on homorazzi.

Beyonce's been working on a new video for the as yet unreleased Grown Woman, and you can check out a quick clip of the making of it, along with a snippet of the up tempo track on Mirror.

Fleetwood Mac has been touring the country this spring and they recently announced an imminent new EP, from which they debuted a new song.  Check out Sad Angel.  Nice!


Finally, Korean up and comer Psy is trying to follow up his smash 2012 hit Gangnam Style with another entertaining dance oriented clip called Gentleman.  Check it out below:



No comments:

Post a Comment