Sunday, April 1, 2012

A is for Abs


The abs I want

Everyone knows that the key to looking fit, healthy and sexy lies within your midsection. Abdominals make up the core of the body and keeping them toned adds to your overall fitness, posture, strength and appeal. Getting toned abdominal muscles is not easy...some people are lucky enough to be born with a six-pack without ever having to do a crunch or a sit-up. For many others, like me, it takes a lot of work.

About six years ago I began my current means of keeping fit. I started to watch what I ate and I began to exercise regularly. Back then I weighed about 215 lbs. and I knew that before I could work on at least a toned midsection I'd have to lose some of the fat I was carrying first. The combination of eating less and exercising regularly did the trick, as I lost a total of about 60 lbs., but getting those abs I want has still proven to be difficult and elusive.

Don't get me wrong, my abs are not terrible, but there not the ones I've always dreamed of having and I still hope to develop them soon. Together with all of the crunches and other ab exercises I do, I've just begun to employ Pilates as another means of developing my abs. Though it's been slow going, I can already see and feel a difference after just a couple of weeks. Hopefully by the time summer gets here, I'll have a six-pack of my own, or at least a resemblance of one.

Check out an article I wrote for Yahoo Voices on ab exercises:

Basic Abdominal Exercises for a Flat Stomach



The abs I've got

I've got a lot of work to do...




Love and Pride

6 comments:

  1. Hello.
    Visiting from the A-Z Challenge.

    Congrats on your weight loss. I hope you achieve the ab goals you've set yourself. Thanks for sharing & visiting. Good luck with the challenge!

    Day 1: The Attraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've come a long way and should be proud of that. Good luck on your quest for the best abs you can have! I'm pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay John! - you made it this far.... wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete