Monday, April 2, 2012

Song of the Day, for Dad - Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) - Green Day

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.




Today is April 2nd, my dad's birthday. Even though it's been almost three whole years since he's gone, he is still missed by all of us. Dad was, for most of his life, a quiet, unassuming man who spoke little but said a lot. I don't think any of us realized just how much of a presence he was in our family until he was no longer around.

Dad would have been 71 years old today, and I hope somehow, somewhere, he's celebrating it with a lot of love around him. I think I speak for my mom, my brother and my sisters when I say that I hope that he knows just how much he is missed by each and every one of us. Happy Birthday Daddy! I love you!





So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.


Green Days "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" is such a beautiful song and it's perfect for helping to remember and put your loss into perspective. Life is a myriad of things, and through it all it is what we make of it.





Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - International Superhits!




Lyrics provided by AZ Lyrics


No comments:

Post a Comment