Thursday, April 26, 2012

Song of the Day - Creep - TLC




I just heard on Twitter yesterday that it was 10 years since TLC's Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes passed away in an automobile accident in Honduras. I wish I had caught that yesterday, but better late than never! Left Eye was an integral part of this trio, who had some amazing songs during the 90's, including "Waterfalls," "No Scrubs," "Red Light Special," "Unpretty," and so many more. Though I loved a lot of TLC's stuff, this one, "Creep," was always one of my favorites. Its silky smooth horns and T Boz's equally smooth vocals made this sultry song the soundtrack to many a hot night, I'm sure!

R.I.P. Left Eye!

 


Creep - CrazySexyCool


Image Source: EAA

1 comment:

  1. A part of me wants to cry a little every time I hear A TLC song. Lisa's story is so sad. I watched a documentary on her years ago and connected with her story. So tragic.

    New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete