Friday, February 25, 2011

February 25, 2011 - getting out; Splash; a crisis alleviated?

Good morning! Today is Friday and the last official day off from work. I have to say up front that even though it wasn’t a great week, it was much better than Christmas break. I’m trying to make the best use of my last day to get some stuff done, like selling my car. I’ve got a couple of people coming to look at it and it would absolutely make my day if I could finally be rid of it and all the extra expense it’s cost me. Keep your fingers crossed.

Last night I had dinner with a good friend of mine. Although I’ve pretty much kept to myself lately, I knew I needed to get out there and have some kind of interaction with somebody and the experience helped! Thanks Nancy Lou!

Dancing Machine!

Well, last night marked the 4th time I’ve gone out since vacation started and I have to say that I’ve been having lots of fun, although the drive into the city is starting to wear on me a bit. It never ceases to amaze me how packed Splash gets any night of the week. I guess I’m lucky that I work because I’d be one tired person if I didn’t.

I actually met someone last night. As usual, it started on the dance floor. I was dancing around as I always do and suddenly I’m face to face with this dude who was absolutely gorgeous. He kind of reminded me of Colby from Survivor. We danced for a couple of hours and had a great time together, and we almost left the bar together…almost! Two more nights and I’m done for a week, at least!



Colby - Survivor

Crisis Alleviated?

I got a very unusual message in my inbox at YCN this morning. It was from a fellow writer who I’ve known for a very long time. I’m not going to share her name here for privacy’s sake, but she had a terrible tragedy strike last night and she was at a loss and reached out to me. Late last night, her younger sister died from a drug overdose. It was the third of her four siblings to die an early death and apparently it was not pretty. She’d been up all night and had nowhere to turn so she sent me the message.

I didn’t know how to answer her. After a lot of thinking, I finally responded and gave her my number if she needed to talk. We’d never met before in person, so the whole thing was a little strange. Sure enough, within twenty minutes or so my phone rang. The conversation was a little weird because we spoke as if we’d spoken before…not like I ever envisioned a first conversation with a fellow writing buddy, but under the circumstances I guess it was alright. I only hope I helped!

There’ll be more to come later, I’m sure! Once again, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment