Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Song of the Day - Cee Lo's "F**k You" (original video) / "Forget You" (from the Grammys) (Official Video)



One of the most talked about performances of the Grammy Awards show the other night was Cee Lo Green's rendition of this highly infectuous song. Cee Lo came out on stage in front of a piano all decked out in an Elton Johnish peacocky outfit and was joined by a bunch of Jim Henson Muppets and later on by actress turned singer Gwyneth Paltrow. The performance, like the song, hearkened back to earlier days and was great fun to watch.

The song itself is one of my favorites from 2010, though I prefer it in its original form, with the F-word as the tag line. Though I don't often condone such use of words in pop music (I think it's thrown around way too much these days!), its use just sounds better here, and besides it's kind of fun to sing along to with the word thrown in, sort of like you're saying it to someone, but not really.

Anyway, I love Cee Lo and I love Gnarls Barkley, the duo Mr. Green is a part of. I just may be adding another "Song of the Day" later on since I missed it yesterday and it just may be a Gnarls' tune. Stay tuned... In the meantime, enjoy the Grammy performance of "Forget You" and the original official video for "F**k You."

"Forget You", from the Grammy Awards, February 13, 2011



Official video for "F**k You"

No comments:

Post a Comment