Saturday, February 12, 2011

Song of the Day - "Telephone" by Lady Gaga with Beyonce



Since Lady GaGa's new single "Born This Way" has been the second most talked about news item behind the Egyptian situation, I figured I'd give one of her songs an opportunity to be "Song of the Day." I don't want to put "Born..." out there just yet. At the moment it's only an audio track and so I think I'll wait for the video to come out before I include it.

I just finished a piece on the Yahoo Contributor Network about the rift over the comparisons between "Born This Way's" and Madonna's "Express Yourself." Though the similarity between the two songs is unmistakable, it's not close enough to be considered what many are calling it: a 'rip-off." Click on the title to read more about it: Madonna's Influence on GaGa's "Born This Way" Causes Intergenerational Rift.

The song chosen for today's honor is a collaboration between Lady GaGa and Beyonce. The song is called "Telephone" and the video is absolutely hysterical. I just love it when Beyonce says "You've been a very bad girl GaGa!", followed by some mutual chomping on a hero. The entire video is a combination of comedic interludes, good ole fashioned group dancing and of course, great music! Enjoy it here:


No comments:

Post a Comment