Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Song of the Day - Sade - By Your Side



Today’s “Song of the Day” is a special one for all of you lovers out there. Even though I’m hating on Valentine’s Day this year, I realize that there are many of you out there who have a special someone to share this lovely day with, and so I give you this gift.

The song is special to me because it was the song that Joe and I shared for so long. To me, it’s one of the most beautiful love songs ever written, and its message meant a lot to both of us. I’ll never forget one magical night at Jones Beach way back in the summer of 2001. It was the first time he and I had ever seen Sade and we were more than pleasantly surprised by what we experienced that night, including an authentic and spectacular rendition of this song.

So, for all of you lovers out there, rejoice in the love you share with your significant other this and every other day. Enjoy “By Your Side”!




By Your Side

You think I'd leave your side baby?
You know me better than that
You think I'd leave down when your down on your knees?
I wouldn't do that

I'll tell you you're right when your wrong
I-----ohhh, ohhh

If only you could see into me

oh, when your cold
I'll be there to hold you tight to me
When your on the outside baby and you can't get in
I will show you, your so much better than you know
When your lost, when your alone and you can't get back again
I will find you, darling I'll bring you home

If you want to cry
I am here to dry your eyes
and in no time you'll be fine

You think I'd leave your side baby
You know me better than that
You think I'd leave you down when your down on your knees
I wouldn't do that

I'll tell you you're right when your wrong
I-----I, ohhhh, ohhh

If only you could see into me

Oh when your cold
I'll be there
To hold you tight to me
Oh when your alone
I'll be there by your side baby...

For this and other great love songs for Valentine's Day, check out Songs of Love and Devotion for Valentine's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment