Sunday, February 13, 2011

Song of the Day - Madonna - Open Your Heart



After all the hoopla surrounding the Madonna connection to Lady GaGa’s new song, I’ve taken to listening to Miss M’s songs all day, and I wanted to choose one of them for today’s “Song of the Day.” There are so many to choose from, and some I would like to pick don’t have a video, so my choices were limited.

Madonna is my diva! I’ve been following her since her earliest days when “Everybody” made its first splash on to KTU and Kiss FM in 1982/83. I’ve got all of her albums and I can associate each one of them with certain times in my life.

The song I’ve chosen for today is from the album “True Blue.” It came out in 1986, when I was at the ripe old age of 22. The album is not one of my favorites…those were Madonna’s bleached blond hairstyle and awkward persona (remember “Who’s That Girl?)… but this song is one of my all time favorite Madonna songs.

I love everything about “Open Your Heart.” It’s a fun song with a cute video and I can relate to the lyrics even more today than I did back then. So please enjoy today’s “Song of the Day!”




Open Your Heart

I see you on the street and you walk on by
You make me wanna hang my head down and cry
If you gave me half a chance you'd see
My desire burning inside of me
But you choose to look the other way
I've had to work much harder than this
For something I want don't try to resist me

[Chorus:]

Open your heart to me, baby
I hold the lock and you hold the key
Open your heart to me, darlin'
I'll give you love if you, you turn the key

I think that you're afraid to look in my eyes
You look a little sad boy, I wonder why
I follow you around but you can't see
You're too wrapped up in yourself to notice
So you choose to look the other way
Well, I've got something to say
Don't try to run I can keep up with you
Nothing can stop me from trying, you've got to

[chorus]

Open your heart with the key
One is such a lonely number

Ah, ah, ah, ah
Open your heart, I'll make you love me
It's not that hard, if you just turn the key

Don't try to run I can keep up with you
Nothing can stop me from trying, you've got to

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment