Saturday, January 22, 2011

January 22, 2011 - Daily Ramblings

Happy Saturday! It’s going to be a cold one out there today, with temperatures in the teens. Brrrr!

A Dull Night at Splash

I don’t know why I go out so much. Last night I ventured into the city once again to Splash and once again it was not fun. I don’t know if it’s because of the cold winter or what, but Friday nights there have not been very good lately. It doesn’t get as crowded as it does on Saturdays and the music generally stinks. And of course there’s still him. Even though we’ve reconnected for more than a week now and I’m happy about it, I can’t help but still feel sad at the loss. I go out every weekend to keep my mind occupied and in the end I come back to the same, sad place. I dunno, it’s different and it’s not as bad as before, but it’s still there. Is this normal?

Of course last night’s disappointment won’t stop me from going back again tonight. Staying home alone is not an option and unfortunately I don’t have many friends who want to do the things I like to do, so… Saturday’s are better anyway. It’s too bad that there’s no place really to go out here on Friday nights, otherwise I would be happy to stay closer to home.

Blind Date…Nah!

A friend of mine at work who’s been privy to my life’s ups and downs has suggested setting me up with someone, a Spanish teacher who works in a nearby district. Though I told her I’d think about it, I have reservations. At this moment I don’t have any desire to meet men in any capacity. This experience has soured me on working towards any kind of relationship. Hurt doesn’t feel good, as Mary J has attested to so many times, and I don’t want to go there just yet, not while I’m still experiencing it. Besides, I’ve never been set up before and I’d be really nervous about the whole thing anyway…

Johnny Driver

I’ve been spending a lot of my writing time lately on my Johnny Driver series. A couple of people had been asking me when I was going to revisit it, and I’m finally in a place to do so. After the way things ended this past year, I’d wanted to stop even thinking about that place and so I halted writing in the series mid-season, but it’s back and I think better than ever.

So a couple of weeks ago I picked up where I left off, with Wellington’s getting in the way of Johnny’s relationship with Ben, who was a real person. I always knew how it was going to end, but since art often imitates life I changed it up a bit to reflect my recent experiences with him. I’ve written four installments so far and I think they’re among my best ever. Check out the latest episode here.



An alien looking orchid at Wellington's


Johnny Driver Blog

Awhile back I started a Johnny Driver blog, which I plan to work on soon. I figured it would be a good place to keep them all together, as they are scattered on AC/YCN. Here’s a link if you want to take a look: click on Johnny Driver.

For those of you not familiar with the Johnny Driver series, it is a semi-autobiographical look at my last four summers of true misadventures as a flower delivery guy in the Hamptons. Though the job is not easy, it’s been filled with interesting stories, rip roaring good times, and lots of frustration. I always thought it made for interesting reading and who knows? Perhaps it will turn into something one day, along with one of my many other projects, hehe.

Well, busy day today…heading out to help a friend set up his iTunes account and then off to Macy’s for their Private Men’s Sale. Shopping always makes me feel better, especially on a day when I can wear something new to go out in. I’ve been coming to new conclusions with regards to my big decision and so keep an eye out for the next installment of Crossroads. Have a great day and thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the Johnny Driver blog! I've fallen behind on the series so having it all together will let me catch up in no time! Good thing I'm a fast reader, shouldn't take me long. lol Stay warm and happy shopping. :-)

    ~Karen

    ReplyDelete